Our Side of the River, close to Bishop’s Square
Most of our favourites are on this side, all within a proverbial stone’s throw of the Square.
- Thai Tavira +351 919 472 195 – Tiny Restaurant on LHS as you enter Bishop’s Square coming from the Villa. Limited menu but we like it. Closed Tuesday.
- A Mesa +351 281 027 415 – a new restaurant on RHS as you enter Bishop’s Square from the Villa side, adjacent to the Church. Simple menu, friendly staff, one to watch.
- O Patio +351 281 323 008 – Turn hard left immediately before the Roman Bridge. Very popular and a great atmosphere on the roof terrace. Closed Sunday.
- Abstracto +351 917 043 274 – Same street as O Patio, refurbished a couple of years ago, good food and friendly service. Closed Thursday
- Aqua Sul +351 281 325 166 – To the side of O Patio, small and buzzing. Closed Sunday and Monday.
- Rive Gauche +351 925 586 378– Just beyond AquaSul on RHS. A bit more formal but we haven’t been there for a while. Closed Tuesday.
- Brisa do Rio +351 915 434 452 – Always very busy, excellent value but you need to book. One of the most popular in this area. Evenings only. Closed Wednesday
- Beira Rio +351 281 323 165 and The Black Anchor (Irish Bar) Great for open-air dining in the warm weather. Open every day.
- Ponto de Encontro +351 281 323 730 – In Bishop’s Square, opposite side from Church. Very popular, with excellent menu, excellent service and very convenient location. Need to book.
- Terraze +351 281 327 481- On the riverside, short distance upstream from Black Anchor. Trendy new restaurant, opened 2018, excellent location, good food and service. Recommended; lunch and dinner, Closed Sunday.
- Pessoa’s Cafe +351 281 094 057 – Between the Roman Bridge and the Middle Bridge. Very small, just a few tables and chairs on the pavement but a great place to start the evening. Opens at 6pm and closes when it feels like it! This closed in 2021/22 – not sure if permanent.