The other side of the River
We don’t go over the bridge quite so often but there are one or two really good ones. Try:
- A Ver Restaurant & Piano Bar +351 281 381 363, Up the hill close to the Castle with fantastic view over the rooftops. Closed Monday.
- O Castelo +351 915 087 614 – relatively new, just up from the Praca (Town Square) and below the Castle. Excellent food, very popular. Closed on Sunday.
- Tavira Lounge +351 281 381 034 – Over the Roman Bridge and turn Right. Small terrace overlooking the River – great for lunch. Closed Sunday.
- Nikita +351 926 897 859 – very small, relatively new and always good – need to book, evenings only. Closed Monday.
- A Barquinha +351 281 322 843 – not shown on map but facing river close to Nikita. Restaurants along this part of the River front tend to be over popular and pricey, but this one is excellent. Brazilian Owners serving fantastic seafood. Open all week.
- Quatro Aguas +351 281 381 272 – Situated at the end of the road across the salt flats before you get to the ferry to Ilha da Tavira. In a lovely location right next to the river mouth and specializing in Seafood. Car Park immediately opposite. (Not on this map) Open all week.